Romans 6:6 says this; "Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Christ, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin." Before we experience this freedom, we must first crucify ourselves with Christ. Just as in the life of Christ; He was crucified, and rose again, we must die to self, and be resurrected in new life with Him. Does that mean that we will not be tempted and sin? Absolutely not, but the new man will no longer have a desire to sin. Sin will not be as "fun" as it used to be. As a matter of fact, the sin that once held you captive will be shameful.
As I was telling a dear brother of mine today, living for Christ and doing His work is way more satisfying than any drink or drug I have ever consumed. I was once an alcoholic and a drug user. I am not proud to say this, but He saved me from that life, and the destruction and death it was leading me to. Thanks be unto Him, I can say that I no longer have a desire for those things today. I have become a new man. The Father has taken those desires and replaced them with a hunger for His word. I no longer have a desire to fill my mind and body with the garbage of the world, but instead, I long to be in His presence, with His people, doing His work. In Galatians 2:20 the apostle Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me" . 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
If you are bound by sin, and the old man still lives in you, I encourage you to cry out to God as the Psalmist did in Psalms 51:10 and say; "Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me." Put to death that old man, and become a new creation and walk in the newness of Life everlasting.
No comments:
Post a Comment