I posted a video on my Facebook page earlier and a good friend of mine shared a few of his life verses and it inspired me to write this entry. It comes from Psalms 40:1-3; "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth. Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and many will trust in the Lord."
This passage really lit a fire under me, because of the pit that I was in. I was miserable before giving my life to Christ. I would stay in bed for days on end with no purpose or any relief in sight. I tried everything to numb my brain and ease my mind, but nothing worked. One morning as I was about to get into the shower, I knew something had to change, so I hit my knees and fell on my face on the bathroom floor. I cried out to God and asked Him to cleanse me and give me another chance. I know that doesn't sound so pleasant, being on a dirty bathroom floor, but that floor was cleaner than the filth that I was mired up in, but when I came up, I was a new man. I was cleansed of my sins and was a brand new creature. God heard my cry and listened. You don't know the desperation I felt without Him in my life. I was miserable, but since that day, I have a new song in my mouth and a new desire to follow Him. I'm on my way to heaven and I want to take as many with me as I can.
The rock that David was talking about was Jesus Christ. It's like the analogy of the wise man in Matthew 7, who built his house on a rock, and when the floods came, the house stood firm because it was built on a solid foundation. The same couldn't be said about the foolish man who built his house on the sand. When the floods came the house fell. What foundation is your life built upon? Is it built upon the rock of Christ, or is it crumbling under the weight of the world? I can't promise you that you won't have problems on this road. As a matter of fact, it says that you will have problems in this life, but if your house is built on that Rock, you got nothing to worry about. Let come what may, you will remain unshaken. I love you guys and I hope that this will touch someone. Love ya, mean it.
No comments:
Post a Comment